Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Anniversary Dinner




Ron and I had our 4th anniversary about 3 weeks ago...August 7th. He surprised me with reservations to Stoney's. It's a new restaurant in town that I had been itching to try. Their specialties are steak/seafood, fondue (cheese or chocolate) and rotisserie chicken. You have to make a reservation for a fondue table. They turn on the burner that is actually installed into the tabletop and add the ingredients right in front of you. She even gave a little history lesson on the origin of fondue and why certain ingredients were used. Their seafood and chicken was pretty yummy, too. The fondue was AWESOME. The meal was a little pricey but totally worth it. I guess Stoney's is a chain restaurant, but I've never heard of it. Anyway, we took Kady, of course, and discovered that she really like carrots (second pic)...and don't they look pretty all over the floor? At times she had one in each hand and both hands in her mouth. Reminded me of the poor duckies in the bathtub. I never know what a mess (first pic) baby carrots could really make (besides just on the floor). Her dress was a disaster when she was finished. When she ran through the gambit of carrots, we gave her bits of other things. She was a good girl all night. She was all dolled up in her pretty white frock with matching bloomers. Don't know what happened to her hair barrette. And I finally got back into that cute little black dress I never got to wear at the Bahamas. Anyway, it was a lot of fun so if any of you ever get to eat at a Stoney's restaurant, don't leave without trying the fondue.

4 comments:

Shonna said...

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was "Kady time" instead of anniversary time. I guess that's how it is when you have someone around as cute and entertaining as her. I do have to admit that she is pretty entertaining with that mesh food holder thing at dinner.
Aunt Ashlie

jeff and rebecca said...

Happy Anniversary. But next year call me and I will babysit. Your annivrsary is suppose to be "romantic"!!!! That it hard with a baby along for the trip.

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary!