Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend with Aunt Ashlie






Ashlie came to visit this weekend. She came in on Friday night and left Monday afternoon. The weather was so bad on Sunday she decided to stay another day. I had to work Saturday morning so Ashlie kept Kady for me and then again Monday morning when I went back to work. I never knew someone could be so squeamish about poopy. It was really funny to hear her try to sing the nursery rhymes too. Especially since she only knows half of the words...even "this little piggy" seemed too much for her blonde brain.


Meanwhile, we tried to take lots of pictures. We went shopping, out to eat at the hibachi grille and stayed in for a movie every night. The rain kept us in for a while. It was a nice "in-home vacation". Kady seemed to enjoy staying home too since she absolutely hates the carseat for more than one trip a day. There was also an incident with a cookie...which you will see in the third picture. Kady seemed to think that Emily, Ashlie's poodle, was the funniest thing alive. We got the greatest video of her giggling at the dog - who was just standing there wagging her tail. Ashlie also got a crash course in giving a squiggling, wiggling little girl a bath. Emily tried to help. Sooo cute. Can't wait till we can do it again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacey, I,m so glad Ashlie got to come for a visit and could babysit Kady. It looks like everyone had a ball. Kady is darling,and I'm sure she enjoyed her Aunt Ashlie spoiling her. Love, Aunt Cathy

Julie said...

I am glad that ya'll had a good time with Aunt Ashlie!! I am sure that she did spoil her rotten!!

jeff and rebecca said...

Okay, I have had a baby and even owned a daycare at one point. However, those baby pics of them eating and getting disgusting things all over them still gross me out. What kind of nasty cookie was that? It looks like it was made out of mud!!!

Anonymous said...

Kady could never do anything gross. Her cuteness outweighs all of the grossness.

Aunt Ashlie

The Martins said...

It might as well have been mud. It got all over everything. I'm still trying to get it off the couch! Haha!