




Two of my best friends, Mandy McClung-Jones and Candice Kenton-Jackson are expecting babies....and a week apart too. We have all been friends for about 15 years and were all in each other's weddings. Mandy lives in Arkansas and came home to visit her parents for about a week. Since we only get to see her once a year, we decided to have a girls' weekend in Destin over Labor Day weekend. No men and no kids allowed. Kady stayed with her Nana and Papa and the mothers and men were forbidden to call for any reason.
When we got to our hotel in Destin, I gave each of them a gift. They both got maternity shirts that say "Oh Baby!" and diffusers that look like a bouquet of flowers to take to the hospital when they check in. Mandy also got a Lamaze video and Candice got a snugli. That's the harness thingy used to carry the baby around. They modeled their shirts for the camera and we got belly shots. Remember they're only a week apart when you see the big difference in the two. But this will be Mandy's first and Candice's third. We ended the night by stuffing our faces with pizza and ice cream.
The next day the weather was beautiful despite Hurricane Gustav. We got pedicures (thus the feet picture), ate a Olive Garden, got Mandy's registry started at Target and shopped for as long as two pregnant women could stand to. Then the weather got kinda crappy so we parted ways. They both find out this week the genders of their babies.
They already have names picked out. Candice likes Conner Peyton or Claire Danielle and Mandy likes John Paul or Rachel DeAnne. Not sure how they're going to spell these names but you get the idea.


4 comments:
Girl's Nights are always fun!!!
It sounds like you guys had a blast. The girls are both glowing. I like the feet picture, I bet I can guess which ones are yours!! just kidding. I love you and hope to see you soon. You dont need a huricane to have an excuse to come to Birmingham.
Ashlie
Looks like fun! Congratulations to the pregnant girls! And yes, we definitely know which set of feet belong to you...Kady has inherited those toes I think! {I don't have much room to talk...mine are just about that long!!!}
FUN! I haven't seen Amanda since we graduated high school-which was 10 years ago!! Please tell tell her that I said "hello" and congratulations on the upcoming "motherhood"!! What a nice way to RELAX!!!
Post a Comment