Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Spending time with Nana and Grandpa






Mama ("Nana") came last week to babysit Kady. All my babysitters were out of town on vacation so I offered her the chance to come. And buddy, she jumped on it...like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm. She was able to spend Tuesday night through Thursday lunch with Kady. We also started using the high chair last week. She's always been so scrawny she didn't fit in it. We just used the Bumbo chair for all our feedings. In the first picture she's babbling away - presumably telling her Nana all about her new chair. She loved the attached toys. Grabbed them immediately and started chewing away. I love it too. With the Bumbo chair I have to stay within arm's reach, but she's safe (and preoccupied) in the high chair if I forget something in the kitchen.
In the next three pictures we have "Grandpa" (Ron's dad). Grandpa and Ron's brother David met Kady and I at the Bluegrass Fest in Purvis a couple of weeks ago. Grandpa hadn't seen Kady in over a month. He works on a rig in Brazil four weeks at a time. He is always thrilled to see his any of his grandbabies. Ron insists that Kady is THE favorite grandchild because HE is THE favorite child (or so he says...hehehe). Anyway, Kady warmed up to him right away. She is always interested in anyone who will play with her - or give her juice (as you can see in the picture). She also tried to sing along with the music a little. Even with a sippy cup in her mouth. Grandpa got a kick out of that.

Personally, I have an appreciation for bluegrass music (in short increments), but Ron's dad has a LOVE for it. I knew he'd want to go to the festival as soon as I heard about it. David and his Dad stayed for most of the day. Kristen (Dave's new girlfriend) was there for a couple of hours. She is really nice. I enjoyed meeting her. Kady and I were there for less than an hour...just in time for her to get fussy and need another nap. So we said our goodbyes and left Grandpa and Uncle David in bluegrass bliss.

3 comments:

Shonna said...

I just get choked up each time I look at the pictures of Kady...enjoy those sweet times of her still being a "baby".

Anonymous said...

Kady may be itty, bitty, but she is growing like a weed. I'm so glad your mama was able to babysit for you. She had a blast and is available almost anytime I'm sure!
Love, Aunt Cathy

jeff and rebecca said...

Both grandparents look like they are so miserable having to hold and care for that baby! Ha Ha Especially Vickie!!!! I mean it's not like every time I see Kady she's being consumed by her or anything.