Friday, July 25, 2008

Kady/Daddy Time






Kady likes to talk to the baby in the mirror. If she gets fussy, it's a quick way to distract her. She likes that the baby always smiles back but has a hard time understanding why her kisses feel cold and slimy. Ron and I will put her in front of the mirror sometimes just to see what she'll do. She usually coos and blabs for a few minutes and then loses interest...but this time she just went on and on and on. It was so cute. She really needs a buddy. I sure wish her cousins lived closer.

The night after the mirror conversation, Ron came home and decided Kady needed another bath. She'd spit up a little as usual I guess. Karen has been giving her baths on the days she keeps her because we've had VBS this week. We've been getting home at almost 9PM and that is way past her bedtime...not time for more stimulation and playtime. He used to tell me he couldn't bathe her because he didn't know how, but I think he might have just been afraid he was going to drop her or something. You can see how comfy she is in her Bumbo chair. She just kinda slouches over and rescues her duckies from the water below...before she talks them to death and tries to eat them. That Bumbo is a life saver (thanks Beth!). Makes feeding and bathing hands free. I just stand her up at the end to wash her bottom. She LOVES her bath.

No comments: