




Last week we had our baby dedication at church. There was only one other baby besides Kady. Todd is 18 months old and kept pointing and saying "Who's dat? Who's dat?" Kim, his mother, and I had set up a picture table outside people saw as they walked in. The ceremony was short and sweet since there were only two of us. Right after the dedication, Karen, the wonderful friend who babysits Kady, sang a song and then Ron played his guitar and sang "Cinderella" (by Steven Curtis Chapman). I sat on the front pew holding a hard and fast asleep Kady while he serenaded her - yep...slept through the WHOLE THING! The dedication was wonderful, the songs were fabulous and almost my whole family was there. This was only the fourth Sunday Bro. Mickey has been back to preaching. As you can see in the picture, his head is shaved. He has a scar going over his scalp where his brain surgeon performed his tumor surgery a few months ago. He is recovering well since the tumor is now shrinking on its own.
Anyway, we went to Marino's to eat afterward. That's Daddy playing with Kady at the table after they both finished eating and I was trying to scarf down the awesome food. Poor Ron had just gotten off a 36 hour shift from the ambulance and was exhausted so he fell asleep on the couch as soon as we all got back home. Wish you all could've been there. It was so great having so many of my family members at church for this special occasion.


5 comments:
How sweet of Ron to sing a song to Kady!! I would have cried!!!!
Sounds like a really sweet service...I am glad so many of your family were able to be there!
How wonderful to dedicate a new life to God!!! He is so good to us already and then to give us such wonderful gifts as children. I know He is so pleased when we turn around and give them right back. We love you and your wonderful family and are so happy for you!
I'm glad the dedication went well and so many were able to be there. I hate we missed it!
Kady truly is God's gift to us. I pray that we will all honor Him by returning her to Him for His glory.
James 1:17 says "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
Love You,
Nanna
Post a Comment