Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Troy Homecoming












Since I'm catching up on the blog I wanted to add the pics we took at the game this past weekend. It's only the second time I've made it back to Troy for Homecoming and I was excited that Ashlie had the chance to drive down and meet me there. Mike put us up for the weekend.
I got to see all my old instructors and several old classmates. "Doc" Anderson, in the last picture, is still the program director and was one of my instructors a few years ago.
We "tailgated" for a while with the athletic trainers and then went to Amy and Kimberly's for about an hour. I was hoping Kady would take a nap before the game...yeah right. The picture of her under the chair is at their house. We were scarfing down Amy's homemade chocolate chip cookies while Kady was eating microscopic things off the floor.
The first pic is actually one of the last ones Ashlie took and it was after halftime right as we were leaving. Since Kady loves music, she really got a kick out of the halftime show. During the game, we sat right behind the dancers at the end zone. Tessa Paul was with us and her cousin, Cherokee, is on the dance team. One of them came to the fence and let Kady play with her silver pompom for a few minutes. I got her a red and black one while we were there. She clapped and talked and sputtered and shook that pompom until she nearly poked Ashlie's eye out.
We had a good time. I'm glad the weather was nice. It's been freezing cold in the past, and I was dreading a sudden, unexpected drop in temperature. That would have put us out of going to the stadium with the baby. I hope to be able to take her to Homecoming more often, and hopefully Ron can go with us next year too.

5 comments:

The Clarks said...

That 1st pic is absolutely precious. You've got a beautiful little girl Stacey.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how my baby is growing up so fast. Wish I could have seen her at the game.

Love,
Momma

Anonymous said...

I had a great time. I just wish it hadn't ended so soon.

Aunt Ashlie

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo glad ya'll came by to visit! Kady is justa growing! She is so curious about everything, it's too cute! I had soo much fun hanging out with ya'll. I miss the time we used to get hanging out together. I hope to ya'll again VERY soon! I love ya'll!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you better give photo credits on that one of mom, kady and aunt ashlie... :) i'm glad i FINALLY got to meet miss kady. she is such a cutie! hopefully i'll see her more often now. it was good seeing my old "roomie" too! loved the TN pics too. hope ya'll have a great thanksgiving. love ya'll... Tessa