




Candice and her boys, Chase and Patrick, came to visit me this weekend. We went to a place about 20 minutes away called Mitchell Farm. It has playground equipment, a few buildings that replicate some of their family's old homesteads with antique furniture within, boiled peanuts, a hayride/tour and several mazes made of square bale hay, round bale hay and a corn field. The big one was a picture of the USM eagle....very cool. You can see the square bale maze behind me in the second picture and the big maze is in the background of the picture with the peanut face cutouts. In the last picture we are sitting in front of a giant bear made from round bales of hay. The lady who took the picture for us cut off the bear's head.
Anyway, you go on the tour and then get to pick out a pumpkin to take home with you. They had acres and acres of sunflowers, blueberries, peanuts, corn, millet, and even honeybees, goats, chickens, rabbits and a very OLD dog who usually had at least three kids petting her. When we were on the tour, the lady said "...and we ship all our peanuts to Andalusia, AL..." I almost fell off my seat. I talked to her afterward and told her I was from there. She didn't know anyone from there but directed me to the owner, Mr. Dennis Mitchell. I called Daddy and asked him if he knew Mr. Mitchell. Daddy said he came to Collins several years ago with Lester Brooks and ate supper with the man. SMALL WORLD!!!
So, we hunted and eventually found Mr. Mitchell. We sat on his porch swing with him and had about a 20 minute conversation. He told us all about his farm and how the tour got started and he asked me all about Daddy's farm. Kady sat in his lap for a while and just smiled up at him like she always does. He also has a 9 month old granddaughter. He was very friendly and even gave us two bags of boiled peanuts on our way out so ya'll know I was happy.
I plan on going back this weekend if the weather is good to get Kady's 9 month pictures made. They don't charge anything to do that, and the sunflowers will be in full bloom by then. Pray that we will have good weather.


5 comments:
How fun...nothing like the farm life this time of the year:)!!
Kady is getting so big. Where is Mitchell Farms? We went to a really cool place this past weekend also. We took our church, if you want to know for your church, call me and I can give you the details.
Looks like fun! Neat story about the peanuts! It is a small world!
Hope your pictures in the sunflowers turn out. That will definitely be pretty...can't wait to see them.
Kady is growing. She's so pretty!
This looks like fun. We have a pumpkin patch somewhere near here. I went once with my sister but it has been awhile. I need to look it up and go again!
Oh my goodness, Kady has grown so much! That place yall went to looks like fun! Guess we'll see you in a few months.
Post a Comment